Herkie the Dog's World Musings

Thursday, July 24, 2003

A Waste of Time to Read

It had to happen some time. I just didn't think it would be less than a month into the existence of the blog.

Writer's block.

I have absolutely no idea what to write about.

Much like Foghorn Leghorn numbers his feathers, I have a list of future topics stashed on my computer to write about...for just such an emergency. But they all seem like they'd take too much effort to flesh out right now. And that may be the heart of the problem right now-a severe lack of motivation.

I've kind of had it since Monday. Don't want to do anything at work. And doing stuff at home just seems incredibly draining. It seems gratifying to just sit around and exert the least amount of energy possible. Be a total sloth for a while, or at least for as long as Christie and Lisa would put up with it.

But I need a kickstart. So in order to do that, I'm just going to free associate here and write the first things that come to mind.

Jiminy Glick is on TV right now..........OK, that didn't go anywhere.

Maybe I could write about the new computers we got at work, so that our hi-tech jobs can now be brought into the 21st century. But as cool as they are, they're still not Macs, nor could they ever be in the work environment. So it's not that thrilling to me to write about.

I could talk about the bands I've been getting into right now. I've really been into Garbage lately. I've been listening to them nonstop on the commute except when I tried to get into Evanescence and decided that after the first three songs, the rest of the album starts to sound the same....but that's really all there is to say about that.

Or maybe it'd be more fun to talk about how Herkie's currently outside running up and down the fence barking and playing with our neighbor's dog. But it's really more fun to watch it than to talk about.

Ultimately, it's probably best to just cut my losses and come back later when I actually have something coherent to write about. I have a feeling I'll have a pretty good story after this weekend.

Hmm-I guess this was a pretty long post for a guy with writer's block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home