Portable Entertainment
I dig laptops.
We have a new laptop at work that's supposedly earmarked for presentations. I needed to use it to get it ready for lab use, but since I have nowhere to lock it up at night (as my boss wants me to do), I decided that the best way to accomplish this is to keep it with me and bring it home at night. Yeah...that's it.
Oh...did I mention it has a DVD drive on it? And since it's brand new, I felt that the drive needed to be tested out. So I have been catching up on my stack of DVDs in rapid fashion: at the dinner table, on the couch while everyone else is watching something on cable, lying in bed, while Lisa is on the internet, in the backyard...heck, as I type today's blog entry, I'm watching "Back To The Future" on it! I've watched more DVDs in the past two days than I have in the past three months.
Technology rules, especially when it enables me to watch DVD's that I've owned since Christmas but haven't watched! Because as far as I'm concerned, the purpose of any new technological breakthrough should not be to simply better mankind, but to enhance my ability to be entertained.
And no, I have not watched any DVDs in the bathroom. Not that I haven't been tempted...
We have a new laptop at work that's supposedly earmarked for presentations. I needed to use it to get it ready for lab use, but since I have nowhere to lock it up at night (as my boss wants me to do), I decided that the best way to accomplish this is to keep it with me and bring it home at night. Yeah...that's it.
Oh...did I mention it has a DVD drive on it? And since it's brand new, I felt that the drive needed to be tested out. So I have been catching up on my stack of DVDs in rapid fashion: at the dinner table, on the couch while everyone else is watching something on cable, lying in bed, while Lisa is on the internet, in the backyard...heck, as I type today's blog entry, I'm watching "Back To The Future" on it! I've watched more DVDs in the past two days than I have in the past three months.
Technology rules, especially when it enables me to watch DVD's that I've owned since Christmas but haven't watched! Because as far as I'm concerned, the purpose of any new technological breakthrough should not be to simply better mankind, but to enhance my ability to be entertained.
And no, I have not watched any DVDs in the bathroom. Not that I haven't been tempted...
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home