I Thought You Had To Pay To Get This Kind of Programming
It's a Monday night and I'm channel surfing like we do on a normal night just before bed. There doesn't appear to be a whole lot on, until I come upon the Discovery Health channel. Suddenly, a two word show title flashes across the screen: The Libido.
Trust me, that tends to get your attention very quickly.
Naturally, I have to stop and see what this is all about. Obviously, this show means business because the next title card they show is a viewer discretion advising that this show contains nudity. Honestly, that's the best advice I've gotten in a long time, so I decide to settle in and satisfy my scientific curiosity.
I am rewarded with a segment where the show producers are interviewing senior citizens at a nursing home about their sex drive.
Between this and the previous viewer discretion statement, all sorts of warning bells go off in my head, alerting me to turn the channel as soon as possible. In this case, I decided it was wise to listen to my head and continued on my channel surfing way. After all, I've already seen one set of sagging man boobs this week. I don't really need to take it a step further.
Trust me, that tends to get your attention very quickly.
Naturally, I have to stop and see what this is all about. Obviously, this show means business because the next title card they show is a viewer discretion advising that this show contains nudity. Honestly, that's the best advice I've gotten in a long time, so I decide to settle in and satisfy my scientific curiosity.
I am rewarded with a segment where the show producers are interviewing senior citizens at a nursing home about their sex drive.
Between this and the previous viewer discretion statement, all sorts of warning bells go off in my head, alerting me to turn the channel as soon as possible. In this case, I decided it was wise to listen to my head and continued on my channel surfing way. After all, I've already seen one set of sagging man boobs this week. I don't really need to take it a step further.
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home