The Beginning
April 2nd, 2004.
Approximately 10:00 PM.
The blog entry is complete. I think I did a pretty decent job capturing how I'm feeling at the moment. Of course, when your mind is spinning, just writing what comes out will accurately capture that.
Lisa's labor has started, but things seem like they'll take some time to progress. With Christie, labor started in the middle of the night, and she wasn't born until 7 the following night. The second one is supposed to move faster, but I don't think it'll be that fast.
Right?
So I might as well go to the gym. I was headed out there anyway. Work off some nervousness. I've got time. Lisa thinks it'll be ok.
Approximately 20 minutes later, I'm pushing the weights like I always do with my cell phone by my side. Chest presses, abs, curls, twists...a little bit of time on an ellipitical trainer...definitely sweating up a storm here. I think I'll take a quick second to cool off in the pool.
I get changed in the locker room and head off to the one area where it's not real smart to bring the phone with me, so therefore I leave it in the locker. A few minutes away shouldn't hurt.
Ten minutes later, I come back to change. Opening up the locker, I check the phone immediately. No calls. Good. Things are ok. Time to get dressed and head back home. I'm calm and ready to get going. Dry off the swimsuit, get the briefs on, reach for my pants....
Is that my phone ringing?
Approximately 10:00 PM.
The blog entry is complete. I think I did a pretty decent job capturing how I'm feeling at the moment. Of course, when your mind is spinning, just writing what comes out will accurately capture that.
Lisa's labor has started, but things seem like they'll take some time to progress. With Christie, labor started in the middle of the night, and she wasn't born until 7 the following night. The second one is supposed to move faster, but I don't think it'll be that fast.
Right?
So I might as well go to the gym. I was headed out there anyway. Work off some nervousness. I've got time. Lisa thinks it'll be ok.
Approximately 20 minutes later, I'm pushing the weights like I always do with my cell phone by my side. Chest presses, abs, curls, twists...a little bit of time on an ellipitical trainer...definitely sweating up a storm here. I think I'll take a quick second to cool off in the pool.
I get changed in the locker room and head off to the one area where it's not real smart to bring the phone with me, so therefore I leave it in the locker. A few minutes away shouldn't hurt.
Ten minutes later, I come back to change. Opening up the locker, I check the phone immediately. No calls. Good. Things are ok. Time to get dressed and head back home. I'm calm and ready to get going. Dry off the swimsuit, get the briefs on, reach for my pants....
Is that my phone ringing?
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home