Herkie the Dog's World Musings

Friday, April 02, 2004

T Minus

Howdy, folks! Please keep your hands, arms, and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses, 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

I'm eerily calm.

Actually, I'm numb. I'm just having a good time surfing the web and organizing my hockey bookmarks by NHL team. It's almost Christie's bedtime, so I guess we need to keep her to the schedule. Gotta get her into bed...just like every other day...don't want to make a big deal about it.

If you're the one nesting, why am I doing the laundry?

The phone's busy. Who would they be talking to at this hour? Well, who else would they be talking to? We'll try calling them. They're not picking up. No biggie. It's not critical, just want to give them some forewarning...some expectation.

...And that's the whistle for the two minute warning...

Laundry's in...dishwasher's going. I'm getting these random, intermittent thoughts. Maybe I'm the one who's nesting right now.

Wonder what I should wear when we go?

I actually got a full week in at work. Nobody expected that. Actually, at about midweek, I did, but everyone else was consistently surprised each day I showed up. Anything I do is a bonus to them right now because they're expecting me not to be there.

What do we have left to do?

Lisa did a lot today. Quite a burst of energy. Lots of walking and driving to take care of a lot of errands. That's a change from earlier in the week. I guess that should have been the first clue that something was up. We joked about that a little bit...we knew...

Guess I'm not working out tonight. Wow, was that a pretty shallow thought! Oh well, the car needs to be put back in the garage then.

I'm actually glad I got to go in today. I got to work with my favorite people this morning. I don't often get to do that...not to this extent anyway. I sure wish I knew what comments they were making when the wireless was turned off though. But I got to be around for one friend's first day back and two others' last day there. And sushi. Got to be there for the sushi run.

Should I break out a new pair of contacts?

I went five for five this week...five days, five lunches out. That's a big hit considering I don't really know when my next workout will be. I really have to avoid that next time. I like the shape I'm in...it took a lot of work to get here from where I used to be...I'd like to improve it...I can improve it... but this week was completely in the opposite direction. Still, I never knew what was going to happen, so I wanted to at least hang out with everyone.

Oooh...full moon!

Bottle soup. Nipple stew. Microwave tubing casserole. Still lots of things to sterilize in that giant pot of boiling water, or in those cool microwave steam bags. Wish we'd have had those the first time around. I guess I shouldn't have procrastinated, but I think we're ok.

...Last minute to play in the period....

All right, maybe it wasn't calm. I think it was shock because right now the circumstances are starting to sink in. I'm starting to get a little anxious. No...no...a lot anxious. It's early though. Not like anything's going to happen in, like, the next five minutes. It'll be fine...I probably ought to get some sleep just in case...well, I've still got some things I want to do. I can do them. There's still time.

It's close.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home