10,000 Songs Hitting The Floor
I got an iPod for Christmas. I have longed for one since they came out and Lisa finally gave in and got one for me. There have been very few places I've gone where I haven't had it with me. It's let me rediscover a lot of the music I've amassed since I was in grade school. Naturally, it goes to the gym with me. After all, you need some tunes to keep you going while you're working out.
So there I was on the elliptical machine, iPod in front of me on the little shelf, operating in shuffle play. Halfway through my work out, a slow ballad comes on. This is not exactly conducive to working out, so I go to skip to the next song. As my hand comes up to press the skip button, my arm gets caught up in the earphone wires. Before I can react, the cord pulls the iPod off the elliptical machine and, in slow motion, the iPod goes hurtling to the floor. Horrified, I watch it land flat on the floor, thinking that I've destroyed my iPod after a whole 3 weeks of use.
I pick up the iPod and to my huge relief, find that it has not been harmed. Thanking the powers that be, I get back on the elliptical and put my hands on the heart rate monitor. The readout showed that in the few seconds that all this had happened, my heart rate had suddenly increased from 131 to 150 beats per minute.
Low intensity to high intensity workout in the time an iPod drops to the floor. I think I have a new technique to document in my own exercise video now.
So there I was on the elliptical machine, iPod in front of me on the little shelf, operating in shuffle play. Halfway through my work out, a slow ballad comes on. This is not exactly conducive to working out, so I go to skip to the next song. As my hand comes up to press the skip button, my arm gets caught up in the earphone wires. Before I can react, the cord pulls the iPod off the elliptical machine and, in slow motion, the iPod goes hurtling to the floor. Horrified, I watch it land flat on the floor, thinking that I've destroyed my iPod after a whole 3 weeks of use.
I pick up the iPod and to my huge relief, find that it has not been harmed. Thanking the powers that be, I get back on the elliptical and put my hands on the heart rate monitor. The readout showed that in the few seconds that all this had happened, my heart rate had suddenly increased from 131 to 150 beats per minute.
Low intensity to high intensity workout in the time an iPod drops to the floor. I think I have a new technique to document in my own exercise video now.
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home