Fairy Tale Wedded Bliss
There are two rules to having a wedding:
1. Have fun
2. Throw the biggest party known to man that you can throw
That's it. Everything else is just extraneous. And my friends Paul and Anne did just that last week. So in case you're wondering what all the pictures on the photo gallery are from, there you have it. You can read a bit more about it here, but be warned that I wrote that on the night after the wedding while waiting for my computer to restore a video backup at approximately 1 AM, so it may be a little disjointed.
Needless to say, we had a blast in one of the most elaborate weddings I have ever been involved with. I don't think it's very often when you can combine high society with pseudo-karaoke, but we did just that. If I had one regret about taking part in this wedding, it's that I really wish our bridal party had gotten together more often before the actual ceremony, because I felt that outside of my own wedding party, there were never a better group of people to celebrate a wedding with. I hope someday we get the chance to do more, but as I said in the other blog entry, if we don't then at least we will always be joined by this moment in time.
And since this is my own personal blog, I get to talk about my contribution to the reception! Please clear the room to allow my ego to fill it.
With the help of the parents, I had put together a photo montage of Paul and Anne from literally birth to now to surprise them with. And surprised they certainly were! I had a feeling that it was going to be pretty good as I was putting in together, but in the proper context of the reception, it was truly very emotional. I can't put into words how gratifying it was for me to know that I was able to provide that type of exclamation point for their day.
1. Have fun
2. Throw the biggest party known to man that you can throw
That's it. Everything else is just extraneous. And my friends Paul and Anne did just that last week. So in case you're wondering what all the pictures on the photo gallery are from, there you have it. You can read a bit more about it here, but be warned that I wrote that on the night after the wedding while waiting for my computer to restore a video backup at approximately 1 AM, so it may be a little disjointed.
Needless to say, we had a blast in one of the most elaborate weddings I have ever been involved with. I don't think it's very often when you can combine high society with pseudo-karaoke, but we did just that. If I had one regret about taking part in this wedding, it's that I really wish our bridal party had gotten together more often before the actual ceremony, because I felt that outside of my own wedding party, there were never a better group of people to celebrate a wedding with. I hope someday we get the chance to do more, but as I said in the other blog entry, if we don't then at least we will always be joined by this moment in time.
And since this is my own personal blog, I get to talk about my contribution to the reception! Please clear the room to allow my ego to fill it.
With the help of the parents, I had put together a photo montage of Paul and Anne from literally birth to now to surprise them with. And surprised they certainly were! I had a feeling that it was going to be pretty good as I was putting in together, but in the proper context of the reception, it was truly very emotional. I can't put into words how gratifying it was for me to know that I was able to provide that type of exclamation point for their day.
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home