Herkie the Dog's World Musings

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Hello, Friend. Welcome Home

Jon: Hey, Toronto! It's me! I'm back!

Toronto: Oh...um...hi. How are you?

J: Pretty good. It's been a while. Over 11 years. I figured I'd be back much sooner, but, you know...time just gets away, doesn't it?

T: Um...yeah...it does.

J: You remember my wife, Lisa, right? Remember I proposed to her that night at the show? That was quite a night, wasn't it? Our friends thought they knew you, but when they went to find that restaurant, they got us so lost. And it turned out you had the restaurant across the street from our hotel! And then the next day, they tried to find Yorkville and just had no clue. And we wandered around aimlessly for a couple of hours until just heading back to your downtown area.

T: Yeah...right...there's a lot of those nights...a lot of people...

J: Well it's been a while. You haven't changed too much. A few new things, but all of the old places that I remember are still here. All those times with my family when I was younger, that one spring break when we came up here for a week...we happened to see the David Bowie concert at the Skydome...good times.

T: Yes, it...has been a while.

J: You haven't met our kids. They weren't even a gleam in our eye when we last saw you. Heck, we were just getting started when we last saw you.

T: Awwwww...they're so cute! I love having kids around. I've got lots for them to see.

J: Anyway, it's great to be back! I just can't believe we let it get to be so long. We're not going to be here too long, but we'll be back next year too, and we'll stay longer then.

T: Oh...sounds good.

J: Great! Well, we're just going to hop on the subway and get rolling. Catch you in a bit.

T: OK...um...just one thing.

J: Sure. Anything.

T: Um, I'm sorry, but...who are you again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home