One Minute You're Waiting For The Sky To Fall...
Amy's cousin was born 6 weeks earlier to the day, which made it a pretty good year for Lisa's family. Leading up to the births of our respective babies, we had kicked around the idea of having both children baptized in a dual ceremony. It seemed like a very special thing for a very special situation. And since my bro and sis-in-law always seemed to have "Cousin Bishop", perform their ceremonies, it just seemed natural that he might be able to come up from sunny Florida to do this one, making it a true family affair.
So it was agreed. Let's make it special. Let's get it arranged. All we have to do is just coordinate it.
Right.
All we had to do was pick a date and time. Well, not that date. And not that date either. How about this date? Wait a minute, is Wednesday at 9 AM really a good time for a baptism? I mean some of us do need to go to work, and I really would like to have the godparents be present. Come to think of it, maybe it should be a date and time when the baby's father could be there also? Maybe it's just me...
All we had to do was use the church that the bishop had used before. Wait...what do you mean our church parish has to "give permission" for our baby to be baptized in another church?
All we had to do was give a final count to the restaurant. OK, here's the final count. No, wait...now these people are coming, so this is the final count. No...no...the final count is really this. Wait, didn't they say they weren't coming? And now they just showed up?!?! Well I guess this is the final count then.
All we had to do was make a cake. It'll feed this many people. Well, we could still make the cake, but we'd have to cut the slices real small to feed that many people. What? But now we'd need to make two cakes! Look, do you really think that I have the time to make two cakes?!?!
All we had to do was attempt to be civil. Yes, civil. Now just calm down. Look, why don't you talk to him. You know more about this than I do. Would you stop yelling at me? I can't hear him on the phone with you yelling. Yeah, well you can just take this baptism and go to hell! Civil, my @#%. There's no f------ way this is going to work. How the f--- did we lose control of this?
So it was agreed. Let's make it special. Let's get it arranged. All we have to do is just coordinate it.
Right.
All we had to do was pick a date and time. Well, not that date. And not that date either. How about this date? Wait a minute, is Wednesday at 9 AM really a good time for a baptism? I mean some of us do need to go to work, and I really would like to have the godparents be present. Come to think of it, maybe it should be a date and time when the baby's father could be there also? Maybe it's just me...
All we had to do was use the church that the bishop had used before. Wait...what do you mean our church parish has to "give permission" for our baby to be baptized in another church?
All we had to do was give a final count to the restaurant. OK, here's the final count. No, wait...now these people are coming, so this is the final count. No...no...the final count is really this. Wait, didn't they say they weren't coming? And now they just showed up?!?! Well I guess this is the final count then.
All we had to do was make a cake. It'll feed this many people. Well, we could still make the cake, but we'd have to cut the slices real small to feed that many people. What? But now we'd need to make two cakes! Look, do you really think that I have the time to make two cakes?!?!
All we had to do was attempt to be civil. Yes, civil. Now just calm down. Look, why don't you talk to him. You know more about this than I do. Would you stop yelling at me? I can't hear him on the phone with you yelling. Yeah, well you can just take this baptism and go to hell! Civil, my @#%. There's no f------ way this is going to work. How the f--- did we lose control of this?
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home