Beer...My One Weakness...My Achilles Heel If You Will
Our friends, the Goffeneys, have the best excuse for a late summer party I've ever heard of. It's basically a barbecue, but instead of all the guests bringing an item to pass, you need to bring an uncommon or unknown beer to sample.
Why hasn't anyone else thought of this?
I've discovered some interesting beers at this party, as well as some non-interesting ones. I've witnessed the surrounding plant life at the Goffeney household take a lot of the non-interesting ones. I've had lemon beer, dark beer, ales, lagers, and just plain bizarre beers. I've probably learned more about beer at these parties over the years than I knew in college.
It has been interesting watching this party evolve. It started long before we got invited and has pretty much turned into a cool little get together with everyone's kids, good food and lots of beer. Kids have grown up, babies have been born, and new beers have come into existence during the years we've gone. It wouldn't be too surprising to show up one year and have the kids being able to partake in the beer tasting.
Of course, I suppose that could happen really at anytime, couldn't it?
Why hasn't anyone else thought of this?
I've discovered some interesting beers at this party, as well as some non-interesting ones. I've witnessed the surrounding plant life at the Goffeney household take a lot of the non-interesting ones. I've had lemon beer, dark beer, ales, lagers, and just plain bizarre beers. I've probably learned more about beer at these parties over the years than I knew in college.
It has been interesting watching this party evolve. It started long before we got invited and has pretty much turned into a cool little get together with everyone's kids, good food and lots of beer. Kids have grown up, babies have been born, and new beers have come into existence during the years we've gone. It wouldn't be too surprising to show up one year and have the kids being able to partake in the beer tasting.
Of course, I suppose that could happen really at anytime, couldn't it?
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home