My Wilted Rose
OK, you're wondering why I haven't said anything. You're thinking I'm ducking the subject. Well...you're right. I took down all the decorations quietly, because there's no glow to bask in. So, in the spirit of consistency, I have to finish off my comments for the college football season.
We got our collective asses beat. USC was just too good of a team that day.
I'm not sure what happened other than the fact that the Wolverines were just enjoying Los Angeles a little too much and forgot there was a game to play. Once upon a time, going to the Rose Bowl was such a common thing for us that it was not an awe inspiring trip. Well, in the late 90's to early 00's, I guess it's now become something so special that it makes us lose our focus.
I think that's very true, particularly from the fan aspect. I don't believe I've ever seen the Michigan faithful so excited to go to a bowl game. In fact, this time, I knew a bunch of people that went and they couldn't be more fired up to just be there.
Well, live and learn. Losing a bowl game doesn't necessarily cast a pall over your season, but getting severely outplayed in it does dampen it more than a little bit. But next year...next year could really be something. Two things you will read only here: 1) I sure hope Braylon Edwards goes pro and 2) we'll be making a return trip to Pasadena behind the aerial attack of the new QB Matt Gutierrez and WRs Jason Avant, Carl Tabb and Steve Breaston.
This will be in the archives, so check back here in a little less than a year.
We got our collective asses beat. USC was just too good of a team that day.
I'm not sure what happened other than the fact that the Wolverines were just enjoying Los Angeles a little too much and forgot there was a game to play. Once upon a time, going to the Rose Bowl was such a common thing for us that it was not an awe inspiring trip. Well, in the late 90's to early 00's, I guess it's now become something so special that it makes us lose our focus.
I think that's very true, particularly from the fan aspect. I don't believe I've ever seen the Michigan faithful so excited to go to a bowl game. In fact, this time, I knew a bunch of people that went and they couldn't be more fired up to just be there.
Well, live and learn. Losing a bowl game doesn't necessarily cast a pall over your season, but getting severely outplayed in it does dampen it more than a little bit. But next year...next year could really be something. Two things you will read only here: 1) I sure hope Braylon Edwards goes pro and 2) we'll be making a return trip to Pasadena behind the aerial attack of the new QB Matt Gutierrez and WRs Jason Avant, Carl Tabb and Steve Breaston.
This will be in the archives, so check back here in a little less than a year.
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home