Herkie the Dog's World Musings

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Observations of a 3 year old...Or why our days are never boring!

For about a week there has been a ladybug that periodically shows up in our bathroom. Every morning Christie looks for her new little friend. We didn't see it Friday, but Saturday morning while Jon was brushing his teeth she found it upside down on the floor. She insisted Jon pick it up and come show it to me. So while I was sending a few e-mails, they came to show me the ladybug remains. Trying to take the delicate approach, I looked at it and said to Christie, "gee it looks like he is sleeping" Not missing a beat, Christie turns to me and says "No Mommy, it's dead!" Of course the natural reaction from us.....uncontrollable laughter!

Now, in the I can't believe she's only 3 department: Last weekend Christie was helping me get the Valentine's ready for the 2nd graders in my Catechism class. This is the first time she would have ever heard any of these kids names. I'd say each of the 13 kids names and she'd pick which treat I'd put with their card. That was on Saturday. On Monday while running some errands she asked me to tell her the kids names in my class. There are 2 Megan's in the class, so I only listed 12 names for her. When I finished, she says "Mom, you forgot one, you forgot the other Megan"

Really, should a 3 year be able to do this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home