Black Gold, Texas Tea
So I see this article when I hop online this morning and I think, oh joy, here we go again. I figure I've got a day or two before I have to cut back on my lunches to pay for gas again. Eight hours later, I'm driving home and the gas station down the street from my house, whose price was about $1.90 something a gallon, is now $2.05.
Obviously they read the papers that they were selling this morning.
It's just amazing how this works. The smallest little blip can send gas prices rocketing through the roof, but then it will take months to go down if at all. It all seems way too suspicious, but yet there's just no outrage about it. Not anymore. There was the first few times gas prices went this high, but no longer. We're now conditioned to this, much to the delight of anyone that makes money off petroleum products. We expect prices to soar, so they will be more than happy to oblige us. This has gone on for so long and yet the manufacture of alternatively fueled vehicles has been slow in coming...as if by design.
It just makes you wonder who's really in control around here.
Obviously they read the papers that they were selling this morning.
It's just amazing how this works. The smallest little blip can send gas prices rocketing through the roof, but then it will take months to go down if at all. It all seems way too suspicious, but yet there's just no outrage about it. Not anymore. There was the first few times gas prices went this high, but no longer. We're now conditioned to this, much to the delight of anyone that makes money off petroleum products. We expect prices to soar, so they will be more than happy to oblige us. This has gone on for so long and yet the manufacture of alternatively fueled vehicles has been slow in coming...as if by design.
It just makes you wonder who's really in control around here.
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

1 Comments:
If you kick a dog long enough he'll get use to it and think it's normal.
Apparently the same psych experiment works on humans...it was only 4 years ago when 1.50 was considered way to high and there was outrage.
Maybe it's time to "OFFSHORE" these F*&$ing CEO's to truly "keep costs down for the consumers."
By
Anonymous, at 9:24 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home