Herkie the Dog's World Musings

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Walken in LA

The weirdest thing I saw while on vacation was on TV.

We were down in the hotel lobby having breakfast. The "Regis and Kelly Lee" show was on, and Christopher Walken was a guest. Now I've learned to expect the unexpected from Mr. Walken. Just when I thought he was a moody method actor, he appeared on "Saturday Night Live" numerous times and turned in one of the most memorable recurring characters, "The Continental." Just when I thought he was all about serious, intense drama, he shows off his dance training in the video for Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice."

But on the show that day, he pulled out yet another unexpected trick. He demonstrated how to cook his own recipe for a pan fried shrimp dinner-complete with a tongue cheek use of the Emeril phrase "kick it up a notch" in the unique Walkenesque delivery style.

Is there nothing this man can't do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home