Herkie the Dog's World Musings

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Gloomy

Around here, it was the kind of day best spent sleeping...one of those days where I was super glad to not be near a window. From the time I got up to right now as I'm writing this, it was a typical autumn, deep dark grey, overcast cloudy, cold day with a rain that never stopped. At least in the summer, the deep dark grey days are warm and not as deep and dark. Here in mid-October, it just doesn't get much more depressing.

I really dislike autumn. I hate having the temperature drop from 80-90 degrees to 40-50 degrees. You can't wear shorts, hang out at the beach or pool, or generally be outside without wearing some sort of clothing layers. All the summer toys get put away and you realize another warm season has come and gone. The days get shorter, nights longer, and the energy level just drops. It's a good thing hockey, football and basketball start up at this time of year because there is just nothing else to do. Well, except rake leaves.

Lots of leaves.

Lots and lots of leaves.

And it doesn't help when Herkie decides to leave little doggy presents in the backyard that get covered up by the leaves. It turns a simple, annoying piece of yardwork into an intense minesweeping activity under dim lighting conditions.

Six more months until summer. I can hardly wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home