Herkie the Dog's World Musings

Friday, February 25, 2005

15 years burning down the road

15 Years ago this week
- I went out with Jon for the first time
- I was in my 2nd year of college
- I officially declared my major as math
- Most of the people I got to know this year I'd still consider good friends 15 years later

10 Years ago this week
- I was making wedding plans
- I was leaving a horrible job that treated us bad and paid us peanuts for treating us bad
- I was excited about starting a new job in the auto industry
- My first (of 8!) manager at TRW would become a friend who we'd enjoy "beers of the world" with annually

5 Years ago this week
- I was 6 1/2 months pregnant
- I was realizing that once the baby was born I wanted to stay home full time
- I was still annoyed with how many hours I had worked for the big Y2K non-event
- I was working some great people who I still keep in touch with, and also working with some truly memorable characters as well as 1 large lumpy yellow peanut M & M

1 Year ago this week
- I was the mom of a 3 1/2 year old and 8 months pregnant
- I was trying to decide the preschool Christie would attend
- I was enjoying the cake decorating classes and amazed at my creations
- I was watching a mini-baby boom amongst friends and relatives

This week
- I'm the mom of a 4 1/2 year old and 10 month old
- I'm filling out all the kindergarten forms for Christie
- I'm 31 pounds lighter than before Christie and almost in as good of shape as 15 years ago
- I'm wondering where I'll be 5 years from now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home