On The Precipice
Flashback to a long time ago.
That entry was a very thinly veiled analogy for the situation I was in. I had just stated my intentions at work about transferring to our sister group. Back when that entry was made, I had just requested the "trade."
It's almost a year and a half later, and the trade is now about to happen.
Nothing like working in a timely manner! And I ought to feel ecstatic, but actually I feel quite numb. I'm extraordinarily happy that I'm going to work with people that I get along with very well and have great respect for, and in a subject I've been trying to gain more experience in ever since I began working in this field. But it's one of those things where you spend so much time and effort chasing it, that when it finally happens, it's almost anticlimactic. You get so consumed with the chase that when it's finally over, you're not sure what to do with yourself.
But the fact is, the chase IS over. And now I can finally open the next door.
That entry was a very thinly veiled analogy for the situation I was in. I had just stated my intentions at work about transferring to our sister group. Back when that entry was made, I had just requested the "trade."
It's almost a year and a half later, and the trade is now about to happen.
Nothing like working in a timely manner! And I ought to feel ecstatic, but actually I feel quite numb. I'm extraordinarily happy that I'm going to work with people that I get along with very well and have great respect for, and in a subject I've been trying to gain more experience in ever since I began working in this field. But it's one of those things where you spend so much time and effort chasing it, that when it finally happens, it's almost anticlimactic. You get so consumed with the chase that when it's finally over, you're not sure what to do with yourself.
But the fact is, the chase IS over. And now I can finally open the next door.
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home