Rudy Sucks!
Maybe you've noticed a few changes to the site. Herkie's not really happy about losing face time, but he knows it's temporary.
In case you haven't noticed, I'm not a Notre Dame fan. Neither is anyone in the house, my family, or Lisa's family. I will make no excuses or apologies for it. I can't stand the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. I respect their tradition and their history, but that's the nicest thing I'll say about them. You think Michigan is arrogant? Try looking at Notre Dame, who get special treatment from the NCAA in terms of the BCS (they are the only independent school allowed to be considered and as such have unique stipulations to particpate in a BCS bowl-which of course means big $$$) and have negotiated their own television contract (which means big $$$) because they refuse to join a conference in football.
Heck, if any institution, even one based on Catholic tenets, can get such a gig, why give it up? Why join a conference like the Big Ten, of whom the Irish have great existing rivalries with and fit perfectly in a geographic and academic sense?
But I digress. I have decided to celebrate Michigan-Notre Dame week by adding my little touches above. I don't have any real embarrassing photos of Tyrone Willingham (a former Spartan and therefore even more reason for me to hate the Irish), but for a lot of people, Lou Holtz defines Norte Dame tradition. Since I didn't have a great picture of Lou in his neck brace some years ago, I picked the next best thing...and as you can see in the picture above, so did Lou. You'd think Notre Dame could have afforded to give him a box of Kleenex.
In case you haven't noticed, I'm not a Notre Dame fan. Neither is anyone in the house, my family, or Lisa's family. I will make no excuses or apologies for it. I can't stand the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. I respect their tradition and their history, but that's the nicest thing I'll say about them. You think Michigan is arrogant? Try looking at Notre Dame, who get special treatment from the NCAA in terms of the BCS (they are the only independent school allowed to be considered and as such have unique stipulations to particpate in a BCS bowl-which of course means big $$$) and have negotiated their own television contract (which means big $$$) because they refuse to join a conference in football.
Heck, if any institution, even one based on Catholic tenets, can get such a gig, why give it up? Why join a conference like the Big Ten, of whom the Irish have great existing rivalries with and fit perfectly in a geographic and academic sense?
But I digress. I have decided to celebrate Michigan-Notre Dame week by adding my little touches above. I don't have any real embarrassing photos of Tyrone Willingham (a former Spartan and therefore even more reason for me to hate the Irish), but for a lot of people, Lou Holtz defines Norte Dame tradition. Since I didn't have a great picture of Lou in his neck brace some years ago, I picked the next best thing...and as you can see in the picture above, so did Lou. You'd think Notre Dame could have afforded to give him a box of Kleenex.
Herkie the Dog's World Musings

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home