Herkie the Dog's World Musings

Friday, October 24, 2003

And Still More Hockey

Another Thursday pick up hockey game. Another day that I unofficially shifted my work hours so that I could skate.

I chased the puck into the opposing zone like I routinely do during a game. And routinely, my feeble attempt to gain possession resulted in the puck being swatted away from me by a much better player. Hanging my head, I watched as he shot the puck along the boards to clear the zone. I lazily turned around and skated back the other way, cutting in front of the goalie with my hockey stick in front of me.

But this time, things were slightly different.

This time, the puck was stopped by one of my teammates before it crossed the blue line. He took a moment to gather it in, then shot it wildly and aimlessly toward the corner of the rink. Before I knew it, it deflected off my stick and changed direction, going through my legs and heading for the goal.

Unbelievably, it did the same to the goalie and hit the back of the net.

Gooooooooaaaaaaalllll!

Three goals in two games. A two game goal streak. I am en fuego.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home